What's With The World Nowadays?

spARTacus

As titled, what is with the world nowadays? Everything gone to shat? Everything about to fall apart? Everything too political? People asleep or waking up (and what does "woke" actually mean to different people)? Or, has it always been like this but some of us just now happen to be at a ripe age to be seeing things differently, aware of certain current things for certain perspectives?

Mods: Feel free to create a new forum category to move this thread into. There didn't seem to be a general circus category.

John Albert

Please post your thread in the BlackBerry forum under off topics threads.
We rarely visit this forum, and you need to generate a good discussion .

spARTacus

Please post your thread in the BlackBerry forum under off topics threads.
We rarely visit this forum, and you need to generate a good discussion .
Why not have the discussion here instead? Does it make a difference? To users? To CrackBerry management? For numbers/stats? For monetary purposes? With all the ads in the BlackBerry CB1 Forums, nowadays the Crackberry Club CB2 Forums and it's web app seems way slicker and easier to use (at least it does to me). Unless a discussion is about BlackBerry phones or related BlackBerry topics, or trailing support for such, or related to an existing BlackBerry CB1 Forums long standing thread, is there a desire or need or benefit for the Crackberry Community to post in the BlackBerry CB1 Forums, as opposed to posting here in the Crackberry Club CB2 Forums? I don't know the answer, since until various positions, arguments or suggestions are voiced, it's probably just a matter of opinion isn't it? Would love to hear what folks think. Would love to also hear what management think/need/desire. Perhaps it doesn't make a difference with so few folks visiting either forum right now. Perhaps it does if there is a future for one or both.

Last edited:

John Albert

I love BackBerry forum for two reasons:

1- I browse it while I'm using the Crackberry app on my S22 Ultra. On the other hand, there isn't a mobile app for this forum. I do need to rely on a website that I don't like much despite it is being well organized.

2- Secondly and most importantly, the registered members of this forum is only 300, and the actual active users are less than 5. In contrast, there are still hundreds or thousands of active users on the CB1. So, my posts would have a wider exposure there than in this dead site that shouldn't exist in first place (my opinion, of course).

spARTacus

...there isn't a mobile app for this forum. I do need to rely on a website that I don't like much despite it is being well organized....
For me on mobile and tablet CrackBerry Club Forums CB2 works as a web app, very slick and smooth no ads and not as a typical "website"/browser. I am not sure what to say about if it works worse for you. I assumed it works as well for others as it does for me. For me, CrackBerry Forums CB1 doesn't really work other then via webview (website/browser) filled with ads, no CrackBerry Forums CB1 apps left that (other than Tapatalk).

Last edited:

spARTacus

...the registered members of this forum is only 300, and the actual active users are less than 5. In contrast, there are still hundreds or thousands of active users on the CB1. So, my posts would have a wider exposure there than in this dead site that shouldn't exist in first place (my opinion, of course).
The number of users nowadays on CrackBerry Club Forums CB2 is very few. The number of active users nowadays on CrackBerry Forums CB1 is not very many either. I don't have answers as to why the management decided to split things like this. If CB2 dies, then so be it. No loss for me. If so however, CB1 then might not be far behind either.

Last edited:

Chuck Finley69

I love BackBerry forum for two reasons:

1- I browse it while I'm using the Crackberry app on my S22 Ultra. On the other hand, there isn't a mobile app for this forum. I do need to rely on a website that I don't like much despite it is being well organized.

2- Secondly and most importantly, the registered members of this forum is only 300, and the actual active users are less than 5. In contrast, there are still hundreds or thousands of active users on the CB1. So, my posts would have a wider exposure there than in this dead site that shouldn't exist in first place (my opinion, of course).
CB 1 is really more dead and the apps don't function correctly. I'm forced to use mobile browser either way

Chuck Finley69

Technically, right now I think there is more different users posting in CB1 than in CB2.
About dead BlackBerry topics without any growth relevance. At this point, argument could be made to shutdown CB 1 and force all traffic into CB 2 now that CB 1 really serves zero modern purpose

spARTacus

About dead BlackBerry topics without any growth relevance. At this point, argument could be made to shutdown CB 1 and force all traffic into CB 2 now that CB 1 really serves zero modern purpose
Those topics aren't dead for those asking the questions and those still providing helpful assistance/answers. Serves a useful purpose, in my opinion, even if it doesn't align with purposes for all. I assume CB1 will remain living for as long as there remain questions about those BlackBerry topics, or for as long as ad and direct/re-direct revenues from such continues to help keep the servers running. Heck even the off topics of CB1 still also provide an opportunity for some to hang out and banter back and forth, if folks still wish (although arguably CB2 probably now also provides a slicker site for such and given current app complexities with CB1).

I doubt CB1 will be shutdown if it's still helping to pay the bills. Maybe a shutdown of no new non legacy BlackBerry related CB1 threads, if there would be a desire/benefit to have any otherwise continued or new traffic at CB2. However, since the ads seem to all be on CB1, I'd suspect CB2 could be shutdown before CB1 (if it makes a difference in terms of the cost of keeping both running).

SteinwayTransitCorp

As titled, what is with the world nowadays? Everything gone to shat? Everything about to fall apart? Everything too political? People asleep or waking up (and what does "woke" actually mean to different people)? Or, has it always been like this but some of us just now happen to be at a ripe age to be seeing things differently, aware of certain current things for certain perspectives?

Mods: Feel free to create a new forum category to move this thread into. There didn't seem to be a general circus category.
Lets see........................hmmmmmmmm nothing, but nice try......LMAO

spARTacus

Well in that case we may as well all just nuke each other now, no, since as soon as we are all dead there won't be an ability for anyone to have regret for not having existed for longer?

Chuck Finley69

Well in that case we may as well all just nuke each other now, no, since as soon as we are all dead there won't be an ability for anyone to have regret for not having existed for longer?

In a similar but not same thought, it's why all five of my kids, have firearms self defense training. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 as we say here in Stand Your Ground land....

Ph1llip

People are stupid®. For this, my CMMG Banshee is lubed and ready for "The Day".

In all seriousness though:

1. We are losing the Judeo-Christian principles our nation was founded on.
2. People no longer want to be accountable, hence the rise of Diminished Responsibility and the fall of Personal Responsibility.
3. There are corrupted frameworks in our economy and government that no one wants to fix (e.g. The whole of the U.S. economy is a gigantic Ponzi scheme).

Last edited: