When will NYC do something about the ‘staggering’ number of e-bike fire deaths?

spARTacus

Not at all, there is no point with you blather on
Oh, well that is kind of what it seems for what you post. Same old same old over and over again, vigorously making claims that global warming is all a lie, that science and truth reveal otherwise, but not wanting to actually get into the substantiation of your opinion. You shouldn't be afraid if the discussions might go into uncomfortable areas for you. That's what learning and science is all about.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Oh, well that is kind of what it seems for what you post. Same old same old over and over again, vigorously making claims that global warming is all a lie, that science and truth reveal otherwise, but not wanting to actually get into the substantiation of your opinion. You shouldn't be afraid if the discussions might go into uncomfortable areas for you. That's what learning and science is all about.
Blah blah………wait you did not see it….lmao

Chuck Finley69

Careful, you'll soon be making statements like Stein does about the imperfections of local (or even I'll expand that to regional) weather forecasting as an argument to suggest that we therefore can't possibly have had any impact on long term global climate and warming. Or, statements about the fact that the earth experienced previous ice-ages/tropics as some sort of suggested proof.
What does weather forecasting have to do with actually changing the weather? Nobody is arguing that we can see what's happening. The first part of seeing what's happening is bullshit interpretation claiming that we have the real actual trend line regarding climate. The second part is thinking man can actually have any meaningful impact.

A stated goal from my 70s-80s youth, by the climate scientists, was to stop, eliminate, weaken tornadoes and hurricanes. We know the basic problem and have zero actual deliverable solution. It's just a money grab and I've sold the bullshit story to clients that want it to be true.

SteinwayTransitCorp

What does weather forecasting have to do with actually changing the weather? Nobody is arguing that we can see what's happening. The first part of seeing what's happening is bullshit interpretation claiming that we have the real actual trend line regarding climate. The second part is thinking man can actually have any meaningful impact.

A stated goal from my 70s-80s youth, by the climate scientists, was to stop, eliminate, weaken tornadoes and hurricanes. We know the basic problem and have zero actual deliverable solution. It's just a money grab and I've sold the bullshit story to clients that want it to be true.
Old story follow the money, even the UN reports acknowledged that after trillions spent its 1 tenth of a degree change….and that’s a maybe….

Ph1llip

You have a convenient selective memory view of what has been posted in here.

I earlier responded to some of your propositions, that we shouldn't worry about global warming because at any point in time an asteroid or a volcano could wipe out any gains made.

Same thing about Stein's suggestion he seems to keep wanting to bring up, that local/regional weather forecasting imperfections having anything to do with measuring and analysing global warming trends over decades. Stein has an excuse for his silliness on that topic (he has no clue what he is talking about, and certainly not aligned with what a Navy Captain would understand based on what they deal with for knowing about weather forecasting at sea and such). I don't know what your excuse is.

Sigh...playing dumb again, are we?

1. I didn't bring up the Chicxulub event as some sort of perverse zero-sum proposition. I brought it up because if the Earth can suffer such a cataclysmic heat event and go back to a state good enough to spawn Homo Sapiens, the ridiculous 1.2 degrees "Oh my God, let's go back to the Stone Age and make everyone use horses again" BS increase in global temperature is just that, a ridiculous concept that even if it happened, might have the effect of you wearing one sweater less below the 44th parrallel in spring LOL.

2. STCo is bang on, we only started keeping detailed temperature records a few decades ago. And even those are disputed. You're cherry picking the data. If you want be alarmed by BS, view a graph with a relatively short time span. This is the sort of mindset economic ignoramuses take on when they look at a stock and sell because they looked a year's worth of data and see a slope. Do you have a temperature record stretching all the way back approximately 65 million years to the Chicxulub event? Because THAT would be meaningful. The current global temperature record? It wouldn't even be worth the paper it was graphed on. But it IS worth hundreds of millions of dollars to Green Economy participants who want to rob you blind, make you miserable, justify their existence or push their BS woke agenda because their last apple cart Communism failed oh so miserably.

Lastly, anticipating your feeble comeback "but we can't just wait and see how it turns out", my answer is do you perform aggressive preventative maintenance on your car and replace things BEFORE they wear out or break?

Honestly Spartz, enroll in a critical thinking class, it'll do you a world of good.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Sigh...playing dumb again, are we?

1. I didn't bring up the Chicxulub event as some sort of perverse zero-sum proposition. I brought it up because if the Earth can suffer such a cataclysmic heat event and go back to a state good enough to spawn Homo Sapiens, the ridiculous 1.2 degrees "Oh my God, let's go back to the Stone Age and make everyone use horses again" BS increase in global temperature is just that, a ridiculous concept that even if it happened, might have the effect of you wearing one sweater less below the 44th parrallel in spring LOL.

2. STCo is bang on, we only started keeping detailed temperature records a few decades ago. And even those are disputed. You're cherry picking the data. If you want be alarmed by BS, view a graph with a relatively short time span. This is the sort of mindset economic ignoramuses take on when they look at a stock and sell because they looked a year's worth of data and see a slope. Do you have a temperature record stretching all the way back approximately 65 million years to the Chicxulub event? Because THAT would be meaningful. The current global temperature record? It wouldn't even be worth the paper it was graphed on. But it IS worth hundreds of millions of dollars to Green Economy participants who want to rob you blind, make you miserable, justify their existence or push their BS woke agenda because their last apple cart Communism failed oh so miserably.

Lastly, anticipating your feeble comeback "but we can't just wait and see how it turns out", my answer is do you perform aggressive preventative maintenance on your car and replace things BEFORE they wear out or break?

Honestly Spartz, enroll in a critical thinking class, it'll do you a world of good.
Please please facts are scary

spARTacus

Sigh...playing dumb again, are we?...
Who's playing dumb? Who's not critically thinking? Who's bouncing around with what they're saying? You basically suggest all existing homo sapiens and societies/nations are fine and ok with the idea of all being wiped out as earth refreshes itself. If that is actually the core basis of all your arguments for why we shouldn't do anything about global warming, then you had many chances to indicate such as a position instead of everything else that's been spewed about not believing global warming data, possible impacts and such. You seemed to have conveniently ignored stating much about this as part of earlier discussions about "...I guess we may as well start working on PlanB, for how a select representation is going to hibernate and survive to re-spawn after the refresh, and all of what will happen leading up to such in terms of required preps (and financial impacts) of breakdown of societies, nations, fredoms, rights, lawNOrder... as we get closer to the deadline for when the door on the ark is going to shut..." Hope you've had some good discussion about all of this with your offspring, and in terms of them to have discussions about that with their offspring and so on, in terms of lack of desires of their ancestors to make some choices and suffer some impacts now for the greater good of others later. Then again, I guess such all aligns with how some people think, only for the present and only for themselves.

spARTacus

...is do you perform aggressive preventative maintenance on your car and replace things BEFORE they wear out or break?...
What I do for my vehicles is a smart balancing act between very aggressive preventative maintenance (I do not do what the dealers/manufacturers suggest for their schedules), and waiting for thing's to first break on their own. I apply special attention to critical items, looking for evidence of things starting to wear out for things that might kill me or result in significant damage/cost/impact later when it fails if something smaller and less impacting isn't done now or ahead of time. I'd expect the world to want to do the same thing about the global warming situation. I'd expect the world to not wait for the lug nuts to fail and a wheel to fall off at 120km/hr on the highway before deciding to maybe do something about it. Some of the positions outlined are about arguing about the lug nuts not rusting out, then arguing about the threshold of required evidence before it could be agreed that there is too much indication of rust for the lug nuts, then arguments that it doesn't matter anyway as long as there will be an air ambulance available to ensure at least one passenger survives the crash.

Chuck Finley69

What I do for my vehicles is a smart balancing act between very aggressive preventative maintenance (I do not do what the dealers/manufacturers suggest for their schedules), and waiting for thing's to first break on their own. I apply special attention to critical items, looking for evidence of things starting to wear out for things that might kill me or result in significant damage/cost/impact later when it fails if something smaller and less impacting isn't done now or ahead of time. I'd expect the world to want to do the same thing about the global warming situation. I'd expect the world to not wait for the lug nuts to fail and a wheel to fall off at 120km/hr on the highway before deciding to maybe do something about it. Some of the positions outlined are about arguing about the lug nuts not rusting out, then arguing about the threshold of required evidence before it could be agreed that there is too much indication of rust for the lug nuts, then arguments that it doesn't matter anyway as long as there will be an air ambulance available to ensure at least one passenger survives the cras

===================================
That sounds great but as someone that routinely drives 90-100 mph, there's a lot more going on then overanalyzing lug nuts. You're focused on a point in time and not questioning the if the whole vehicle or system isn't rigged or manipulated to begin with.

spARTacus

That sounds great but as someone that routinely drives 90-100 mph, there's a lot more going on then overanalyzing lug nuts. You're focused on a point in time and not questioning the if the whole vehicle or system isn't rigged or manipulated to begin with.
Ha. I was going to point out that you are a reckless person for normally doing 100 and therefore you aren't in a position to be giving anyone any useful advice on anything. Then I noticed you changed the post to say 90-100. I suggest that 90 is still way too fast and basically reckless. But whatever.

Phil's the one that suggested the car analogy. Pick on the analogy if you'd like, but I assume you know it's all just metaphoric.

Chuck Finley69

Ha. I was going to point out that you are a reckless person for normally doing 100 and therefore you aren't in a position to be giving anyone any useful advice on anything. Then I noticed you changed the post to say 90-100. I suggest that 90 is still way too fast and basically reckless. But whatever. Phil's the one that suggested the car analogy. Pick on the analogy if you'd like, but I assume you know it's all just metaphoric.

=============================

It depends on what I'm driving and where. The speed governor on Traverse engages about 120 mph and on Expedition about 115 mph or so. The Excursions are set to 95 mph or so. There's really no difference between 90-110 mph in newer vehicles.

spARTacus

It depends on what I'm driving and where. The speed governor on Traverse engages about 120 mph and on Expedition about 115 mph or so. The Excursions are set to 95 mph or so. There's really no difference between 90-110 mph in newer vehicles.
Regularly driving at 90mph or more isn't very responsible, in my books.

The divided multi lane highways my way are generally 100km/hr speed limit. I normally keep it just under 120. Anything more and risk to get a speeding ticket. At just under 120, I'm normally passing some folks doing just over 100. Sometimes it gets a bit frustrating stuck behind someone doing around 100, but that's life as I am the one speeding. Then there's the arses jammed up behind me once and a while when I'm doing 120 passing slower 100 folks. Normally the guys jamming up behind are in puckups that are all done up. They get pissed off stuck behind folks doing 120 and they flash their lights or honk their horns and then they roar past when they finally can, flooring the gas and screaming by at 140 or something. Arses. They think they have some special right to use the road at over 135 more so than other folks having the right to use the road at 120 and other folks doing 100. They think they are entitled to get mad when stuck in the left lane behind someone doing 120 who is passing someone doing the speed limit in the right lane. Arses. At 50 over the limit in Ontario, licenses get suspended and cars get towed/impounded. Lots of folks who feel they are entitled get really mad when that happens to them. They probably feel oppressed.

I've done 140 at different times when passing (more so on secondarily highways that aren't divided and you end up having to pass when you can get the chance and then you can't hesitate). However, I don't make a habit of much over 120.

Last edited:

Chuck Finley69

Regularly driving at 90mph or more isn't very responsible, in my books.

The divided multi lane highways my way are generally 100km/hr speed limit. I normally keep it just under 120. Anything more and risk to get a speeding ticket. At just under 120, I'm normally passing some folks doing just over 100. Sometimes it gets a bit frustrating stuck behind someone doing around 100, but that's life as I am the one speeding. Then there's the arses jammed up behind me once and a while when I'm doing 120 passing slower 100 folks. Normally the guys jamming up behind are in puckups that are all done up. They get pissed off stuck behind folks doing 120 and they flash their lights or honk their horns and then they roar past when they finally can, flooring the gas and screaming by at 140 or something. Arses. They think they have some special right to use the road at over 135 more so than other folks having the right to use the road at 120 and other folks doing 100. They think they are entitled to get mad when stuck in the left lane behind someone doing 120 who is passing someone doing the speed limit in the right lane. Arses. At 50 over the limit in Ontario, licenses get suspended and cars get towed/impounded. Lots of folks who feel they are entitled get really mad when that happens to them. They probably feel oppressed.

I've done 140 at different times when passing (more so on secondarily highways that aren't divided and you end up having to pass when you can get the chance and then you can't hesitate). However, I don't make a habit of much over 120.
In Florida, sitting in the passing lane, regardless of speed can and will get you pulled over and can get you ticketed.

The cops don't want citizens playing speed patrol since it results in shooting rage incidents. Just in Tampa Bay area over 20 years, there's been average of 4 incidents per year resulting in homicide on average.

spARTacus

People who sit in passing lanes and don't pass, and people who try to play speed patrol, those people are another type of arse.