Electric Bikes, the new fire starter.

spARTacus

I told you my faMiley owned one of the largest transit companies in nyc before we sold it to the TA, I speak from experience not feelings
Well for someone that should have lots of knowledge and experience about all of that, it's pretty obvious to anyone who reads your posts that you have limitations that they'd not expect from someone of such. Or, the way in which you communicate is just so focused on being overwhelmingly opinionated that it overshadows and hinders whatever actual knowledge and experience you could provide. Same thing about whatever you did in the Navy.

Last edited:

spARTacus

Well e bikes are dangerous fact, electric cars are not carbon neutral fact, Crime is up in NYC is up fact, MCI makes a transit model bus fact. So we’re am I wrong?
There have been EBike fires in NYC that have killed/injured people. I agree with that.

EVs are not carbon neutral. I agree with that.

Crime in NYC is up, relatively from a short term perspective. I agree with that.

Some of the buses that NYC uses for transit express are basically the same as ones used for highway coaches. I agree with that.

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

There have been EBike fires in NYC that have killed/injured people. I agree with that.

EVs are not carbon neutral. I agree with that.

Crime in NYC is up, relatively from a short term perspective. I agree with that.

Some of the buses that NYC uses for transit express are basically the same as ones used for highway coaches. I agree with that.
Than we have no issue as that is what I said all along………… now back to our regularly scheduled program

SteinwayTransitCorp

Well for someone that should have lots of knowledge and experience about all of that, it's pretty obvious to anyone who reads your posts that you have limitations that they'd not expect from someone of such. Or, the way in which you communicate is just so focused on being overwhelmingly opinionated that it overshadows and hinders whatever actual knowledge and experience you could provide. Same thing about whatever you did in the Navy.
I just state the facts, people draw their own conclusions

I do tend to get short with people who just will not listen to a fact I do not mind questions I just do not like people who will ask questions just to ask a question

Last edited:

SteinwayTransitCorp

I take no joy in speaking about New York City. The way I do, I grew up there. I have businesses there , the politicians are destroying New York, just saying this sentence pains me deeply.

spARTacus

Than we have no issue as that is what I said all along………… now back to our regularly scheduled program
Well clearly we have issues. However, we can probably leave it to each other to go back and re-read what was said earlier vs then later, and then deal with it again as it next comes up again.

spARTacus

...I do tend to get short with people who just will not listen to a fact...
Maybe people don't listen because you also mix in lots of opinion. You should probably have less expectation of people needing to listen to you. Having an expectation of people having to hear you is one thing, but I assume you do know that one has zero actual control over people actually listening, other than more precise control over what one is saying as a way help better achieve people listening. I guess maybe you didn't listen when some of that was taught?

SteinwayTransitCorp

Maybe people don't listen because you also mix in lots of opinion. You should probably have less expectation of people needing to listen to you. Having an expectation of people having to hear you is one thing, but I assume you do know that one has zero actual control over people actually listening, other than more precise control over what one is saying as a way help better achieve people listening. I guess maybe you didn't listen when some of that was taught?
You could be right, but I tend to do my research on what I speak about, people tend to think it is opinion when it reality is just stating facts. You make assumptions not in evidence, I read every word it gets very frustrating when people because of political bias refuse to even consider the other side.

example, electric cars are bad for the environment………..some people attacked me for that statement, even when I back it up with facts. Or most climate change is based on environmental racism, how can that be? Very simple we destroy third world countries using real child slave labor so we in the west can feel good. But people attacked me on the slave labor even with multiple story links. So yes I get sensitive sometimes, I love a great debate as long as I am not mocked for my thoughts or ideas, I always try to take the high road but I do fail at times.

whatbi will do from this point forward is state that this is not opinion but fact and lay out the facts. So there will be no confusion

Chuck Finley69

In other news, Governor RonnieD signed Permitless Carry into Florida law and we're now 26th state in the USA to restore additional individual rights.

Still need CWP to avoid the mandatory waiting period. Nothing really changes other than giving state government $100 for a plastic card.

I did celebrate by purchasing M&P Shield EZ 9mm for the daughters and wife to enjoy.

SteinwayTransitCorp

In other news, Governor RonnieD signed Permitless Carry into Florida law and we're now 26th state in the USA to restore additional individual rights.

Still need CWP to avoid the mandatory waiting period. Nothing really changes other than giving state government $100 for a plastic card.

I did celebrate by purchasing M&P Shield EZ 9mm for the daughters and wife to enjoy.
Fantastic!

spARTacus

The negativity/positivity detection AI BOT would have a field day in here with identification of all the words and language that are indicators of bias and opinion.

durendal

I've read articles indicating that several cities have banned E-bikes. If I remember correctly, most of the European counties like London and Germany have done so.

Ph1llip

They may have liked the Glock 43X better 🤪

Chuck Finley69

They may have liked the Glock 43X better 🤪
I thought so but when I had them use mine, they don't like racking the heavier spring or loading the magazine even with the Glock autoloader. I own the 17,19,26,43 and 43X but all three complained.

I ended up with a Glock 44 since it dimensions are similar to 19 and that's been good for them at range but 22LR means, as you know, far less power. The wife believes 10 well placed shots are better than 15 wild shots all over the place.

The EZ is my hope she and the daughters can land 8 well placed 9mm shots if ever necessary.