Switzerland considers restrictions on EV use this winter

SteinwayTransitCorp

The Article is poorly written, but I speak to many friends in Europe. The fact is they have power, shortages, gas, shortages, and food shortages they have been told not to plug-in their Ev’s. The green energy Push has crippled Europe and it’s coming to the United States and Canada. A small sample can be found in California.

The Article is poorly written, but I speak to many friends in Europe. The fact is they have power, shortages, gas, shortages, and food shortages they have been told not to plug-in their Ev’s. The green energy Push has crippled Europe and it’s coming to the United States and Canada. A small sample can be found in California.
I don't know about any of that STC. What I do know is the article and it's kind of a pile of nothing. A bunch of stuff might happen if certain other things happen. The closest the body of the piece gets to supporting the headline is that EV's might be restricted to essential trips during a severe enough energy shortage. If it has a point at all, it's about relying on Russia-sourced energy during a war. The situation is similar to the 73 oil crisis. It's just chance whether the shortage is in oil or in electrical generation supplies, not something inherent to oil or electricity.

SteinwayTransitCorp

I don't know about any of that STC. What I do know is the article and it's kind of a pile of nothing. A bunch of stuff might happen if certain other things happen. The closest the body of the piece gets to supporting the headline is that EV's might be restricted to essential trips during a severe enough energy shortage. If it has a point at all, it's about relying on Russia-sourced energy during a war. The situation is similar to the 73 oil crisis. It's just chance whether the shortage is in oil or in electrical generation supplies, not something inherent to oil or electricity.
All you have to do is read the news, in Europe, they have rolling blackouts. People are asked not to use natural gas because there is a shortage. Green energy only works certain times and you’re at the blackout time. Because they have shut down most of the oil and natural gas and nuclear power plants. They now have shortages in Switzerland They are telling people not to plug the electric cars in. In France electric cars have been banned for used during December and January. This is what I called the fantasy meeting the reality.

Ph1llip

But surely the fact that the restrictions are being considered is noteworthy and qualifies as news? All over the world, we ~have~ shot ourselves in the foot somewhat with our energy choices.

spARTacus

But surely the fact that the restrictions are being considered is noteworthy and qualifies as news?...
I believe that fact is news worthy. Often nowadays however, media (all media, any media) also spin things for additional purposes, even if for nothing else than what they think might help for headlines, readership, marketing...

SteinwayTransitCorp

I believe that fact is news worthy. Often nowadays however, media (all media, any media) also spin things for additional purposes, even if for nothing else than what they think might help for headlines, readership, marketing...
Problem is there is no real news, just News/entertaining; real shame. I remember when news was local/6pm National/630 pm and world news 7to 730 PM. We had all the updates needed

Ph1llip

Germany is now telling people do not charge your EV, the grid is off limits for the month of January. "welcome to hell"
What a fall from grace 😞.

Germans used to have a reputation as consummate technocrats and planners, bit like the Swiss. I guess that's what political and environmental correctness does to a country.

But you watch, the government isn't going to be penalized for this at the ballot box in any meaningful fashion. Sleeping citizens will gladly walk off the energy cliff because their "scientists" told them to do so LOL.

Last edited:

Ph1llip

Wonder if the reality is similar to this.

Your surmising would hold more weight if you cited an article from a website that doesn't have a conflict of interest ("Aftermarket EV and Tesla Accessories") 🤪.

Yamahammer

Folks in the old days had a much stronger resolve than todays reality deniers. Remember kids when you talked with your parents or grandparents and they told you what they did in the 1940's?

"Key goods such as sugar, tires, gasoline, meat, coffee, butter, canned goods and shoes came under rationing regulations."

Resolve results in wins, whining does not.

Chuck Finley69

Folks in the old days had a much stronger resolve than todays reality deniers. Remember kids when you talked with your parents or grandparents and they told you what they did in the 1940's?

"Key goods such as sugar, tires, gasoline, meat, coffee, butter, canned goods and shoes came under rationing regulations."

Resolve results in wins, whining does not.
Yes but we're not in a true global conflict where this sacrifice is necessary. All the solutions to current situation exists with simple use of common sense and rational expectations. The USA has always been able to achieve what it needs putting America first and the rest fall into place.

Yamahammer

This is a thread about sacrifices being taken due the Russian conflict that is affecting all of Europe. ?????
Yes but we're not in a true global conflict where this sacrifice is necessary. All the solutions to current situation exists with simple use of common sense and rational expectations. The USA has always been able to achieve what it needs putting America first and the rest fall into place.

Yamahammer

Huh? How are EV's in Switzerland causing the war in Ukraine and the related shortages in Europe? What we do know is that Oil is financing Russia's military and Russia is using fossil fuels as a weapon against the Ukraine and the whole of Europe.

So yes please explain how...

SteinwayTransitCorp

Huh? How are EV's in Switzerland causing the war in Ukraine and the related shortages in Europe? What we do know is that Oil is financing Russia's military and Russia is using fossil fuels as a weapon against the Ukraine and the whole of Europe.

So yes please explain how...
why correct the reason Europe his held hostage is there own doing, trusted Russia/green energy/self inflicted shortages.