Switzerland considers restrictions on EV use this winter

SteinwayTransitCorp

its interesting because the original story about not charging came not from the press but PSE&G my friend who lives in Albany CA received the text message, not to charge your EV if possible during these hours. Al of these people who love the EV should be asked, were do you think all of this electricity will come from? They don't want coal, oil natural gas and nuclear oh lets not forget hydro is out too. In the mean time they want al houses to be heated with electric heat only, the most inefficient form of heat on the planet in real cold weather. In the the US this past week the grid almost collapsed under the load because all of these bad plants are now off line. Europe is the perfect example of what not to do and the world needs to wake up.

You must live in a different world to me.

Conflicts of Interest are a very real and very topical issue. In most regulated industries including most of government, it's treated fairly seriously.

But hey, if you wanna make like Hunter Biden and his dad, go for it :sneaky:
I admire the detective work, I hadn't spotted that. Yeah I know about COI, we have like a 12 page policy at work. In a nutshell, about financial dealings awarding contracts etc. None of which applies to an article on the company's blog.

It's an Ad Hominem fallacy to dismiss the piece without pointing out flaws in the argument it makes. I would treat an article by an oil industry flack in the same way but then I'm more logical than you. :)

Ph1llip

I admire the detective work, I hadn't spotted that. Yeah I know about COI, we have like a 12 page policy at work. In a nutshell, about financial dealings awarding contracts etc. None of which applies to an article on the company's blog.

It's an Ad Hominem fallacy to dismiss the piece without pointing out flaws in the argument it makes. I would treat an article by an oil industry flack in the same way but then I'm more logical than you. :)
Wrong again Paul 😋

1. A conflict of interest doesn't have to be pecuniary. It can have other facets that have nothing to do with money. It can even be a ~Perceived~ Conflict-of-Interest, which most COI policies state should be avoided.

In this case, an article by a company whose main business is selling EV parts stating that news about EV charging restrictions is misleading is a conflict of interest, perceived or otherwise. Something that wouldn't happen if they were a pastry shop.

2. You're using the "Ad Hominem" concept wrong. The concept of Argumentum Ad Hominem is when the proposer of an argument is attacked, as opposed to debating the argument itself. The two main components of Ad Hominem is that there is a) an ~attack or emotive aspersion~ b) on a ~person ("hominem" is Latin for "man") as opposed to their argument. It's not used on companies. Moreover, it's usually used when someone doesn't want to expend the mental effort to actually analyze the argument.

Last edited:
Then it is ad hominem. The author of the article is being aspersed because he's writing for a company that sells the wares that his article is defending the use of, and the content of the piece is dismissed because of that, without being considered on its own merits.

So far nothing you've pointed out has any reference to anything in the article itself. I would be interested in seeing something like that.

Hadn't caught the link, I'll peruse it later when I'm inside.

Ph1llip

Then it is ad hominem. The author of the article is being aspersed because he's writing for a company that sells the wares that his article is defending the use of, and the content of the piece is dismissed because of that, without being considered on its own merits.

So far nothing you've pointed out has any reference to anything in the article itself. I would be interested in seeing something like that.

Hadn't caught the link, I'll peruse it later when I'm inside.
(Bewildered look)...but I didn't attack the writer or the company Paul 😋 I didn't even know there was an actual writer until you pointed it out and there it was in 6pt font size LOL. I merely pointed out that they have a conflict of interest in the same way there would be if Dracula wrote an article arguing for the number of blood banks to be increased 😂

SteinwayTransitCorp

(Bewildered look)...but I didn't attack the writer or the company Paul 😋 I didn't even know there was an actual writer until you pointed it out and there it was in 6pt font size LOL. I merely pointed out that they have a conflict of interest in the same way there would be if Dracula wrote an article arguing for the number of blood banks to be increased 😂
people people, relax everything today is almost always with a buck in mind..................Climate change comes to mind.....LOL

Ph1llip

people people, relax everything today is almost always with a buck in mind..................Climate change comes to mind.....LOL
If he's not believing something that's an actual testimony from people on the ground over there (your contacts and my contacts), various news articles, broadcasts and other reputable media, then I'm not sure what we can do to convince him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯?

SteinwayTransitCorp

If he's not believing something that's an actual testimony from people on the ground over there (your contacts and my contacts), various news articles, broadcasts and other reputable media, then I'm not sure what we can do to convince him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯?
you can't.....my friend in Germany tells me have bad it is all the time. Yet people will say not its not......LMAO

I posted an article about slave labor providing the cobalt for all our batteries, written by a Harvard Professor with video. The response: must be a trump person........I have a shirt I wear for these people. When I asked you how stupid you could be, it was not a challenge.

Ben xfg

As always, you distort the truth, call names and run away. Nothing changes next step you’ll put a complaint and you’re a small man in a small world. And we were not the ones who made fun of child slave labor. But in your world, anything that goes against anything that you like must be a Donald Trump problem. You really have a limited capability, and even when you attempt to set things right Your crap all over everything. You really need to seek out help to understand what it is to be an adult, I’m sure when you’re retired they were glad to see you go

‐-------------------------‐-------------------------------

Meanwhile, enjoying my kids taking over the New Years Day festivities. Nothing like 30+ teenagers over-running the hood.
Any reason you avoid just using the reply button instead of reposting people's comments?

Chuck Finley69

For some reason the reply/quote function doesn't format correctly in Focus browser for me. My replies end up as part of the post I'm replying to instead of the post and my reply delineated like your reply to my post.

SteinwayTransitCorp

As always, you distort the truth, call names and run away. Nothing changes next step you’ll put a complaint and you’re a small man in a small world. And we were not the ones who made fun of child slave labor. But in your world, anything that goes against anything that you like must be a Donald Trump problem. You really have a limited capability, and even when you attempt to set things right Your crap all over everything. You really need to seek out help to understand what it is to be an adult, I’m sure when you’re retired they were glad to see you go

‐-------------------------‐-------------------------------

Meanwhile, enjoying my kids taking over the New Years Day festivities. Nothing like 30+ teenagers over-running the hood.
Yes, the house is a complete shambles with the grandkids

SteinwayTransitCorp

Any reason you avoid just using the reply button instead of reposting people's comments?
Most of the time the button doesn’t work for me. The other is it gets quite tiring when people wish each other a merry Christmas or a happy new year and he will jump in with some offensive statement and then walk away and then complain when people respond.. It’s actually quite sad that we can’t just have an open and honest discussion and people bring information to the table when I posted about a horrible conditions in the Congo with child slave labor. For the batteries we all use he turns it into some type of it must be a Trump thing or we’re all just maniacs. Child slave labor is not to be mocked or attacked, but it doesn’t happen. This is a serious thing that the world must wake up to.

idssteve

"Reply" using "Keyboard Browser" includes quotes for me. At CC. I see no way to not quote other than a fresh post at bottom. Is that what you mean? Is there a problem with quoting I should know about? Not quoting has incurred critique historically. Lol. Idk. I'm far more comfort with HAM and Morse than "social media". Learning curve, ya know. Lol

spARTacus

Worth pondering that...

How should one respond? 13 of The Crown's Colonies threw a Tea Party and revolted! Others further north remained loyal to their sovereign despite the abuse...?

A disparity of perspective worth pondering on this global forum??
Those that revolted probably did so because they felt they were being abused. Those that didn't revolt probably didn't feel like they were being abused. Or, maybe they felt they were still getting something useful for themselves out of the relationship.

Overall, those that didn't revolt I think feel that they were able to successfully evolve the relationship quite a fair bit, without needing to revolt. Overall, those that didn't revolt I think feel quite comfortable with themselves in comparison to those that did revolt, and if one compares all of us we really aren't that different.

SteinwayTransitCorp

Those that revolted probably did so because they felt they were being abused. Those that didn't revolt probably didn't feel like they were being abused. Or, maybe they felt they were still getting something useful for themselves out of the relationship.

Overall, those that didn't revolt I think feel that they were able to successfully evolve the relationship quite a fair bit, without needing to revolt. Overall, those that didn't revolt I think feel quite comfortable with themselves in comparison to those that did revolt, and if one compares all of us we really aren't that different.
Very true, people really have the same wants and desire. I think the difference is there are people who think anyone outside of the group think are part of a conspiracy. That’s the world today

idssteve

wondering where my original post went... It's vanished...?? Did it get vanished because it violated some rules or? ?? If so, my apologies.

howarmat

wondering where my original post went... It's vanished...?? Did it get vanished because it violated some rules or? ?? If so, my apologies.
Nothing you did. There was some behind the scenes cleanup done and your post was probably included.